Purchasing and maintaining your own servers requires a lot of financial investment. Therefore, an alternative hardware resource is VPS (Virtual Private Server). Cloud servers as part of this infrastructure can be the optimal solution for many companies:
- The cost of the service is distributed between tenants;
- High performance;
- Independence from neighbors.
What is a cloud server?
A cloud server is able to scale its capacity without reinstalling the operating system. Virtual servers are located on the same physical equipment in the data center and are programmatically isolated from other VPS. The user independently performs such operations with the server using the control panel via the web interface, such as:
- adding HDD disks (changing the volume and speed);
- increase in RAM;
- adding the number of processor cores;
- resource deletion as unnecessary.
Several sites hosted on the same server do not interfere with each other’s efficient operation. Virtual server VPS – this is primarily the savings on the acquisition and maintenance of physical equipment.
Which sites require VPS
Cloud servers are more often in demand among organizations:
- small and medium business;
- for non-standard projects;
- for scalable projects.
Virtual VPS server is suitable for hosting sites:
- online stores;
- software development and testing;
- content management systems;
- video conferencing;
- accounting software products.
Differences between VPS and dedicated server
Server (Virtual Private Server) occupies an advantageous position between virtual and dedicated hosting. It perfectly combines affordable cost and independence from other sites. On shared hosting, resources are common to all, and this negatively affects performance. In addition, users do not always receive guaranteed capacities. However, low-visited sites are easier to host on a virtual server, where they will work efficiently.
A dedicated server is an expensive solution for all companies. The user receives the maximum number of possibilities for managing the web resource. Many companies are switching to Virtual Private Server because virtual hosting does not provide fast loading of web pages. When the load from other sites increases, the servers become unavailable.
Why is it profitable to use VPS
The rental price of Virtual Private Server depends on the following criteria:
- The volume of random access memory (RAM);
- Processor power;
- Disk space
- Virtualization technology. It allows you to load servers on the Linux, CentOS OS kernel;
- Paid or free control panel;
- Provider data center locations;
- Hosting configuration that affects the speed and performance of the site;
- Additional IP addresses;
- The quality of the technical support of the provider;
- Reasonable rate. Different companies have different prices for the same set of services.
A virtual VPS server is any desired amount of resources, independent site management, and all this for affordable money. Now on the market there are many companies that offer their services in the field of hosting. Among them, the company https://justvps.com/ can be singled out separately. Here you can find the best offers on the market.
In general, virtualization is a kind of separation of computing processes, their isolation from each other. There are three types of virtualization: software, hardware, and virtualization based on the operating system. All of them contain both advantages and disadvantages. It must be admitted that each of the three types of positive qualities is much more than negative. And that says a lot about the virtual server itself.